Jan 31, 2018
In this video, I'm giving you the 8 components of the business plan every digital marketing agency needs in order to be successful. So many of us are in the agency business by accident. But, success doesn't happen by accident and that's why you need a plan.
I get it. At first you knew how to do something cool and people were willing to pay you for it. Then before you knew it, you became an agency. So whether you're just starting out or got years of experience under your belt, it's never too late to develop a business plan.
Here's the 8 Systems every Digital Marketing Agency needs:
1. CLARITY: Where is your agency now and where do you want it to go? You can't get where you're going unless you're very clear on the destination.
2. POSITIONING: How can you position your agency as "THE Choice" rather than just "A Choice"?
3. OFFERING: What do your ideal clients need? Hint: it's not always what you want them to need :) But, what does your service offering ladder look like and how can you use it to build trust and land the bigger projects or retainers?
4. PROSPECTING: With the right positioning and offering, how can you find the right prospects? I believe every agency should have a 3-channel approach to prospecting: inbound, outbound and partnerships. That way, if one or two of those channels becomes weak you still have others to fall back on.
5. SALES: What will be your process for converting all your prospects into clients? Are you talking to only the right prospects and not wasting time on the wrong ones? Is there a qualification process, proposal process and follow-up process?
6. DELIVERY: This is an area that is often overlooked but so important to success. What is the onboarding strategy? What is the plan for continuous follow-up and how can you ensure you don't lose money through scope creep?
7. OPERATIONS: What is the structure of your team and how does your agency's org chart look? As you grow, how will the org chart continue to develop and where do the layers of authority and responsibility lie?
8. LEADERSHIP: What are the roles of the leadership team and how involved in the owner in daily operations? What KPI's are important and how often do you measure them against your goals? How will you develop your agency's brand and continue to stand out?
If you want to find out even more about creating the 8 Systems for your own Digital Marketing Agency Business Plan, check out: http://jasonswenk.com/playbook
Thanks for watching. Your comments are why I do this, so please take a second and say hello.
SUBSCRIBE NOW to follow my entrepreneurial journey. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDvZHFVeqEMq58q6tMoyMK-ufpp0ysoVP